Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday--Embossing Powder


I just finished making 20 cards for Marie the other day, so I've got embossing powder on my mind.

And on my hands.

And on the counter, and floor, and bar stools, and cutting board, and Cinderella (she tried to help).

Anyway, my tip for this week is not on how to use embossing powder, but how to store it.

Yes, my friends: storing embossing powder is important.

As I see it, there are two ways to store embossing powder (I'm sure there are more; I just haven't thought of them yet).

1. Store in the bottle it came in. To use it, fold a scrap of paper, place stamped image on said paper, pour embossing powder on image, tap off excess powder, move powder to center of paper where fold is, take lid off powder bottle, and carefully pour excess powder back into bottle.

That's a lot of steps. And because it sticks to the paper, there is a lot of wasted embossing powder.

Or, you could

2. Store the embossing powder in a small, shallow tupperware (with lid). To use it, bury stamped image in powder, remove stamped image, tap excess powder back into tupperware, and replace tupperware lid.

Easy as pie! Plus, you don't lose the embossing powder that would normally stick to the folded paper, or those plastic trays.

Small, shallow tupperware; it's every embosser's friend!
**********

For more ideas visit Rocks in my Dryer.

2 comments:

  1. That is so smart- can't believe I haven't thought of that! Thanks!! I actually avoid my embossing powders sometimes just because I don't want to deal with the mess.

    Hey, I run a meme on Sundays for scrappers and stampers to share their ta-da's and to-do's for the week. I'd love for you to join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! Are you going to post any pictures of the cards you made?? I love those gorgeous hand made cards and since I don't make any myself, I live through friends' work. LOL

    ReplyDelete

"Only a life lived for comments is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein, modified. Okay. Not really, but comments sure are nice.