Friday, June 6, 2008

Two Weeks Later

Sleeping Beauty has been officially weaned for two weeks now.

No more nursing bras.

No more teeth rubbing tender spots.

No more cuddling at nap and bedtime.

No more sleeping in my arms.

No more baby.

She is officially a "big girl" now; and while I love her new status, I miss the moments together that nursing gave us.

I suppose I shouldn't be too sad about this. I'll be doing it again six months from now.

One year on, six months off, one year on again.

Oh, dear. What have I gotten myself into?

On the upside, she's also officially sleeping through the night consistently. But let's not tell her. It'll be our little secret, okay?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by.

    My baby angel was officially weaned on May 16, and sometimes I still find myself missing it.

    ReplyDelete

"Only a life lived for comments is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein, modified. Okay. Not really, but comments sure are nice.