Friday, June 13, 2008

Dear Construction Workers in My Backyard,

Thank you for building a new school out here. Our old ones are way overcrowded and are beginning to look run down. I appreciate your willingness and hard work in bringing my little town something this necessary and needed.

I do, however, have a few minor complaints. Your hard work and diligence are much appreciated, but do you have to start working at 7:00 in the morning? I suppose 7:00 isn't so bad, but do you have to start prepping the equipment at 6:45? Can't that wait until 7:00?

Also, your hard work has most definitely earned you at least an hour for lunch; I don't begrudge you this. In fact, I think you've earned an even longer lunch break, say, three hours? How does that sound? You could take off for lunch at 12:00 and come back at 3:00? Does that work for you? My not-really-a-baby-anymore would appreciate this greatly, too. You see, she likes to nap at this time and her mother is exhausted from her only sleeping 1.5 hours a day during the week. She needs at least 2 hours, if not 3. So, I think a longer lunch would benefit everyone, don't you? That way you could do more of your work in the coolness of the late afternoon/early evening. That would feel better, right?

Thank you Mr. Water Truck Driver! Your efforts to reduce the amount of dust in the air around my neighborhood have been duly noted. I think I will recommend to the city that you receive a medal for doing your part to preserve the air quality around Moses Lake. They probably won't listen to me, but it's the thought that counts, right? Anyway, please be aware that at least one person out here appreciates you and your commitment.

Again, thank you one and all. It will be nice to one day have something else to look at beyond my backyard besides sagebrush, skunks, and anthills. You are all doing a wonderful job! Keep it up and please, for the love of all that is holy and righteous, HURRY UP AND FINISH MOVING DIRT AND ROCKS!

Your appreciative neighbor,

The Queen I Am Not

1 comment:

  1. I can SO relate! Every summer there's something going on around here and all that beepbeepbeep of trucks backing up drove me nuts! And ruined some naps, to boot!

    ReplyDelete

"Only a life lived for comments is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein, modified. Okay. Not really, but comments sure are nice.