Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Homemade--Ranch Seasoning Mix

I've been trying not to buy so many ready-made food products lately, and my latest foray into homemade is ranch dressing.


I used this recipe, but I mixed it into my homemade yogurt.

It doesn't taste like store-bought ranch, but it's still really yummy!

I made it for snacks at C's preschool.  We'll see how the kids like it later today.

Homemade Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix

Ingredients

2 Tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions

Add each of the dried spices to a bowl and gently stir.
(I dumped them all into an empty spice jar and shook.)
Whisk 1 Tbsp ranch seasoning with 1/3 cup mayo or yogurt and 1/4 cup milk (more or less depending on preferred consistency).
Season with salt to taste.
Use immediately or refrigerate up to three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Only a life lived for comments is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein, modified. Okay. Not really, but comments sure are nice.