Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday--Easy Wall Decor, Part I


Cinderella's room was supposed to be decorated with butterflies.

Of course, life's circumstances, and grandparents and great-grandparents, changed that quickly enough. In one Christmas, when she was 2, Cinderella got a castle rug, a Disney princess chair, and a princess Minnie Mouse.

A new room decor era was born.

Cinderella's room now is, of course, bedecked with a Disney princess theme.

It's fitting.

Her self-chosen name is, after all, Cinderella.

It took me awhile to get used to this new theme (and get the butterflies out of my head), but I have started to embrace the princess look, and have even contributed a few of my own touches. She has a castle clock which the two of us decorated, and, as of this weekend, these beautiful pictures:















They were so easy! Here's how you, too, can make this easy wall decor:

1. Find an old calendar and choose your favorite pictures. Yes, our 2007 calendar was a Disney princess calendar. Guess who picked that one out?

2. Find some cheap frames. I got these for $3.50 for each big frame and $2.50 for each little frame at Devilmart. They were a hideously nasty gold color. Blech!

3. Buy some spray paint of your choosing. I chose a matte pink. Since Cinderella's walls are, as you can see, painted with lavender and lime stripes, I thought a pink would be nice.

4. Have your out-of-town visitor your dad someone bored handy sand the frames down and spray them. That way, if any of the glass pieces get broken, you aren't liable for fixing them. (Did I just say that?)

5. While the paint is drying, cut the chosen pictures down to size. Embellish them, if you want. I found these darling dimensional stickers at Devilmart and added the appropriate princess to each picture.



















6. Frame and hang. Voila!


































Easy peasy!

Make sure you check back next week. I'll have another easy wall decor idea to share!

**********
For more ideas this week, check out Rocks in my Dryer.

7 comments:

  1. I luv the added stickers! Economical, crafty, beautiful, original artwork - gotta luv that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. those would cost you $89.99 apiece at Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea and they beautiful! My daughter's room is Disney Princess too, I might have to look into this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Love those. Are you going to share the details of the clock? You mentioned something about it...

    ReplyDelete

"Only a life lived for comments is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein, modified. Okay. Not really, but comments sure are nice.