Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Date Night Revisited

As I mentioned in my previous post, Prince Charming and I had a date last Saturday night. It wasn't much, but it was 1 1/2 hours without the girls.

That alone is a record.

We've gone hours without Cinderella, or two hours without Sleeping Beauty. We've gone to church without the girls when my parents last visited, but never this much time without either girl and JUST THE TWO OF US!

It was nice!

We dropped them off at our pastor's house and spent half and hour talking to him and his wife. We went out and had barbecue and watched some of the Husky game on TV. Then we went to B 'n R for ice cream.

That's it.

By 8:00, we were back at our pastor's house, where we sat around talking until 10:00. That was a mistake; Sleeping Beauty was exhausted. It was a nice visit, but for her sake, we shouldn't have stayed that long.

That was it. That was our date.

It wasn't much, but it was time without the girls.

It was nice enough to make me want to do it again really soon.

It was also nice enough that I can wait awhile until we do it again. I can live on the memories for awhile quite happily.

And yes, I felt like a Queen. With barbecue sauce on my face.

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate! Our last date involved pizza and the Simpsons Movie... we were home before 9:30. Those outings are important and help recharge our mommy batteries... Luke and I used to take turns planning dates in Moses Lake when we lived there. Lots of times they involved Incas or the bowling alley or the movie theater, but one night Luke planned with a buddy a surprise boat ride from the dock of Michael's on the Lake. Very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did feel recharged! It's difficult going places since I'm still nursing Sleeping Beauty.

    Boating on the lake is wonderful! Our trips usually include my in-laws, since it's their boat.

    We haven't been to Incas in years! It's too crowded for me. I prefer what used to be called Tacos el Mexicano (they changed their name). Authentic Mexican food right on the water. So good! And the margaritas? Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

"Only a life lived for comments is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein, modified. Okay. Not really, but comments sure are nice.