Friday, September 28, 2007

Yet Another Recipe--Baked Potato Soup

Okay. I'm addicted to sharing recipes. I admit it. I suppose that's the first step to recovery, right?

Only, I don't think I want to recover from this addiction.

Am I in denial? You bet!

This recipe is the ultimate comfort food. It's super easy and absolutely melt-in-your-mouth delicious! This one is also from Cooking Light.

Baked Potato Soup

4 baking potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds), baked and cooled
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
6 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
1 cup (4 ounces) reduced-fat shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
3/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled

1. Peel baked and cooled potatoes; coarsely mash. Discard skins.
2. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour in a large Dutch oven; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 8 minutes). Add mashed potatoes, 3/4 cup cheese, salt, and pepper, stirring until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup onions. Cook over low heat 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Sprinkle each serving with cheese, onions, and bacon.
Yield: 8 servings.

Here's how I make it:

*I don't have a Dutch oven, so I just use a large, deep pan.

That's it. This one is so easy, I don't modify it any more than that.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious! My family loves baked potato soup and this recipe looks like a winner.

    So glad you shared it. :)

    Duckabush Blog

    ReplyDelete

"Only a life lived for comments is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein, modified. Okay. Not really, but comments sure are nice.