Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Go to Bed, Idiot!

These last few nights I have stayed up way later that I should have, all on the pretext of making sure Sleeping Beauty was really asleep. There are few things I dislike more than having just gotten all comfy in bed and hearing the sounds of a baby wake. Grr!

Needless to say, though, when I stay up that extra half hour to ensure both girls are asleep, the half hour can stretch into an hour, even two.

I haven't made it to bed before midnight in three nights.

Have I mentioned before how I love to read?

When I find an enjoyable author, I have this bad habit of reading everything written by this person.

This time, I'm stuck on Philippa Gregory.

I have read everything my library system has by her, and I can't get enough!

Add three late-night read-a-thons with getting up every night to feed an infant, and a preschooler who can't sleep in much past 7:00, and you get a grumpy, exhausted, short-tempered mom.

Who, at this point, really wishes she was the Queen.

Queens get to sleep in. I don't.

Go to bed, idiot!

Me, not you.

3 comments:

  1. I have read The Other Boleyn Girl - and heard that some of the others are better / worse. You'll have to e-mail me and tell me what you think is the next best choice to read. I liked TOBG a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Philippa Gregory! Just finished The Boleyn Inheritance... I think I read it in about a week. (Like you, pre-bed reading done while making sure my children are really asleep.) I've enjoyed just about everything of hers I've read except for the Wideacre trilogy. Does Moses Lake have an online library system that lets you put books on reserve and search by author when you find one you like? That's been a life-saver for me since browsing the library with two toddlers in two is a *little* unrealistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Moses Lake is part of a huge lending-library system that stretches over most of the Columbia Basin. I can search for everything online, and they'll even send it all in the mail, from any city, for free! I don't ever have to set foot in my library, if I don't want to. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

"Only a life lived for comments is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein, modified. Okay. Not really, but comments sure are nice.