Friday, September 7, 2007

Potty Trained is not Always Toilet Paper Trained

Cinderella has been potty trained since she was 2 1/2. Since both Prince Charming and I are teachers (I'm not certified), we waited until the summer to start potty training. Cinderella was ready, and we let her take her own sweet time. After about 2 months, we finally admitted she was fully trained and let her wear underwear to bed. We didn't need to wait this long, but I dislike having to do laundry in the middle of the night, so we waited until we were absolutely sure.

She was so proud of herself! She hated the thought of dirtying her pretty Tinkerbell underwear, so she was very cautious about using the bathroom. She would even wipe herself! It was wonderful! Until about 10 months ago...

When I got pregnant with Sleeping Beauty, everything changed. Poor Cinderella missed me. I was so sick that Prince Charming did everything for her, and she was fine with that...for awhile. Eventually, everything blew up and Cinderella wanted me to do everything. EVERYTHING!! She missed me so much she was craving any time with me, including bathroom time.

Now, I'm fairly certain no Queen has ever stooped over her child with bated breath to wipe her child's bottom. It is definitely not the most fun experience, especially when you have morning sickness. It's even worse when you haven't been forewarned about the poop, and even worse than that when you accidentally watch the poop being pooped!

Fortunately, she is finally willing to wipe herself once again. I decided it wasn't really a battle worth fighting until after Sleeping Beauty was born. If Cinderella needed attention in the bathroom, I was grudgingly willing to give it to her there.

No, I am definitely not the Queen. More like a bathroom attendant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Only a life lived for comments is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein, modified. Okay. Not really, but comments sure are nice.