Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Day I Gave in to Advertising

I gave in to a radio advertisement today.

Sort of.

I was taking Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty to the grocery store this morning, and we were listening to the country station (when in Rome...).

I tend to tune out commercials, but apparently Cinderella does not.

There was the stupidest commercial on for McDonald's today; a guy and his dog heading out to get a bacon-something for breakfast.

Cinderella, listening very intently, pipes up with, "Let's have a bacon sandwich for lunch!"

What?!

Okaaaay...

I ignore her suggestion, hoping it will just go away, and in an uncharacteristic moment, Cinderella drops the matter and talks about something else.

We made it to the grocery store without any more mention of bacon sandwiches; unfortunately, I had to buy bacon.

Cinderella again says, "Let's have a bacon sandwich for lunch!"

This kid has a memory on her, at least for unimportant things, like bacon sandwiches.

We get home; Cinderella plays with Play-Doh; Sleeping Beauty pretends to take a nap. After I give up on Sleeping Beauty, I ask Cinderella what she wants for lunch.

In my defense, I had completely forgotten about the whole bacon sandwich-thing. It had been 2 hours since it was last mentioned, and I had hoped against hope that the issue was dead.

Cinderella answers, nonchalantly, "A bacon sandwich."

Sigh...

I gave in. A BLT was starting to sound pretty good to me, too, so I made them. Cinderella's was just a BL, but I have to admit, she had a great idea.

I enjoyed every bite!

I may not be the Queen, but my darling princess thanked me with a smile that even a Queen would have envied.

And it was all for me.

And the bacon sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Only a life lived for comments is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein, modified. Okay. Not really, but comments sure are nice.