Friday, March 28, 2008

The Trial of the Century

Well, not really, but it sure feels that way to Prince Charming.

You see, he's on jury duty this week. And next week. And possibly a few days into the week after that, which also happens to be spring break out here.

Sucks!

So, Prince Charming has been in court all week, and I have been laughing my head all week about it. Every time I think about him sitting in that courtroom, I start to giggle.

Like right now!

I don't know why I find it so funny. It's a doozie of a case; nothing to laugh about.

It's a murder trial. (Did that just send shivers up your spine? It did mine.)

The hardest part is that we can't talk about it. He hears what's going on in the courtroom, I read about what goes on when the jury is dismissed, and we can't discuss anything.

It still makes me laugh, though.

I think I laugh because it seems like Prince Charming was so meant to serve on this jury. He showed up for jury selection on Monday, the potential jurors' numbers were shuffled around, and Prince Charming ends up being number 3.

Number 3. Out of 60+ people. *ha ha ha!*

There was an error somewhere in the numbering, so the numbers were shuffled around again. Prince Charming had just enough time to whisper to his neighbor, "What are the odds that we end up in the top 10 again?" when his number was called.

Number 5. *har har har!*

The person next to him? Number 60. *snicker!*

So, needless to say, with his charming good looks, innocent face, impeccable profession, and rational mind, Prince Charming made the jury. They barely even questioned him! *snort!*

This has totally made my week! I don't know why I think it's so funny, but I really just can't stop laughing about it. And everyone I tell starts laughing about it, too.

Not only is the trial of the century in our household, it's the joke of the year!

Prince Charming has jury duty! *giggle!*

1 comment:

"Only a life lived for comments is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein, modified. Okay. Not really, but comments sure are nice.