Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Princess and the Peas

Raising two self-proclaimed princesses brings all sorts of fairy tales back to me daily. My girls are obsessed with princesses! Even at two years of age, C can identify and name each and every Disney princess.

But lately, it's been the Princess and the Pea that runs through my mind most often.

I always enjoyed the story of the Princess and the Pea as a child. It was a little fantastical for me, but the idea that a true princess could feel a tiny pea under all those mattresses? THAT is the stuff that fantasies are made of!

Since E's started school, C has really begun to come into her own. It's been fascinating, and a bit frustrating, to watch her little personality grow and expand when her big sister isn't around.

And C? She must have a bit of real princess in her.

Why? Because every morning while M is taking a nap, C asks for a snack. And do you know what she asks for?

Frozen peas.

?!?

Seriously; the kid asks for frozen peas. And she'll eat two bowls full. Every morning.

Sometimes it's nice having a princess (or two) in house!

But, no, I'm still not the queen.

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious! I often find when I get out of the shower that Cory has opened the bag of raisins and has at least 2 fists full...
    better than one morning this week when instead of coming to get me I'm awakened to the sound of something pouring... then he comes walking in with his bowl overflowing with goldfish crackers (leaving a trail behind) and says, "I have fishy crackers, Mama!" I had to laugh, but no, he didn't get the whole bowl for breakfast!
    How was your weekend?

    ReplyDelete

"Only a life lived for comments is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein, modified. Okay. Not really, but comments sure are nice.