Thursday, June 2, 2011

Springfest

Every year, our small town has a big celebration over Memorial Day weekend.

And every year, our small dance studio puts on a big performance at the amphitheater.

Both the girls dance with Dance FX, run by Toby and Rosalie Black (I second-shoot weddings with Rosalie).

They offer a wide assortment of dance classes,

from Tiny Tots (ages 2-3):

(I have no idea what this little girl is doing, but her expression is priceless! And that's Rosalie with her)

to cheerleading:

(They cheer with the high school cheerleaders.)

to big girls' hip hip:


to jazz:

(That's C!)

to lyrical jazz:


to little boys' hip hop:


to Irish dancing:


to big boys' hip hop:


(Here's a random picture of E doing her hip hop; I can't figure out how to move pictures around from Picasa.)

to clogging:


I love this performance! It's by far my favorite every year.
The weather doesn't always cooperate (as you can tell from the photos; the clouds and sun were fighting that day, making it impossible for me to keep up with my camera settings), but it's a beautiful, fun setting, and free for the community to watch.

And can you tell I finally figured out how to do a watermark? Love!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Only a life lived for comments is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein, modified. Okay. Not really, but comments sure are nice.